Stickies vs (Quick) Notes?

Whenever I have a need to jot something down, I create a note in DEVONthink using the Sorter as I can bring it up with a quick key combination. My notes can be created in various forms including Markdown, and as long or as short as I need them to be. I haven’t yet upgraded to MacOS 12 (Monterey) which has Quick Notes, which may ultimately be something that I use as well. But in thinking about Quick Notes, I remember that MacOS has Stickies! Remember those!? I used to love them, and use them frequently, and then I didn’t, and I don’t remember why.

Do you still use Stickies? What do you love about them, and why not use (Quick) Notes instead?

I’m on my Mac most of the time as it’s much easier to have multiple things going. I find myself using DEVONthink notes for things like jotting down facts from a call to my doctor’s office, talking to a vendor about particular products, random things from a phone call, etc. that would be much harder to contend with on my iPad.

Why Tot (I’m not familiar with it) vs Apple’s built in Stickies?

I use Unclutter for the same sort of thing.

I don’t know Unclutter either. I’ll have to check it out too.

Curiously, why not just use Notes?

It’s just as easy as Quick Notes, but it’s existed longer. And it has a “shelf” type place too where you can dump files. And clipboard history. I don’t use the clipboard history, but the other stuff I use quite a bit. :slight_smile:

I can readily bring up QuickNotes on my iPad but for some reason I have a hard time doing it on my Mac. Any pointers? (Pun intended).

Gee, thanks! You learn something new… I seem to recall hot corners from a long time.

I have all four corners activated, until I get the hang of it. Do you click on it? Double click? Sometimes I can get it and other times not.

And it syncs!

Oh I got the hang of it. Thanks!

1 Like