Stop force-closing apps

Also my thought. Is there any noticeable difference? As in…if I don’t force close any app during a full battery cycle, willI I have 1/2 hour more battery life?

Obvious and logical. I’d really would be interested in some real-life measurements. If the difference is purely academic and barely measurable, it wouldn’t matter at all, even if the OS is designed to work “better” with frozen states. If this lock-down is long enough, I might get bored enough to try it out… :smiley:

real-life measurements. If the difference is purely academic and barely measurable

What a great idea. So original in today’s world where real-life measurements are never thought of as important! </sarc

I have 315 apps on my Xs Max (256GB) and the only times I ever force close apps are if they’re not responding, my phone heats up, or when I do a hard reset to refresh the device and that’s maybe once a month, maybe longer. This thing still runs as fast as ever. I’ve counted the number of apps that were sitting in the background and the most I can recall was 99. I’m not sure if that’s a maximum number that can sit there frozen or that’s just what was there when I counted, but ya, force closing apps is completely unnecessary.

3 Likes