Stream Deck on Big Sur: WARNING!

Hey from Elgato :wave:,

Thanks you all for your bug reports for Stream Deck running on macOS Big Sur.
We are aware of a couple of issues with Stream Deck 4.9 and earlier when running on the latest betas of macOS Big Sur.

The good news is that we now have a public beta of Stream Deck 4.9.1 with macOS Big Sur support. You can download it here: https://gc-updates.elgato.com/mac/sd-update/beta/bigsur/download.php

We would really appreciate your feedback. If you encounter any issue on macOS Big Sur with this public beta, please let us know!

7 Likes

Thanks for posting here @Timac. I can regression test on Catalina - Mini and 5 x 3 models. Downloading the beta.

1 Like

Amazing! I just updated to the last Public beta and itā€™s working. Thank you so much @Timac

It has also fixed the hue integration that wasnā€™t working for me with streamdeck 4.9 on big sur beta 6, but seems to work fine in beta 8 and 4.9.1 (13719)

Iā€™ll let you know if I find some issues tomorrow.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Wonderful news, and Iā€™m glad to hear it! Thanks Timac!

1 Like

Thanks @Timac. My primary problem, crashing with app-specific profiles, seems to have resolved.

1 Like

[Yeah, this was a bad post, and I apologize for posting it. Please see below.]

3 Likes

I think so too. Thought it was a normal and healthy discussion. Slightly off-topic perhaps. But still related IMHO. One canā€™t simply start a new topic for each digression.

What he said.
[My last, now deleted, post said basically the same as @Wolfieā€™s. Only in a more condensed format.]

Please see my apology here about the comments I made above.

I have heard great things about sabbaticals! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi folks, brand new MPU user here.
Iā€™m not on Big Sur with my main iMac, yet, (still on 10.15.7) BUT do have a serious issue with the latest Streamdeck app version 4.9.4 (itā€™s no longer responsive, hangs, not usable).

Where would be the best place to discuss this? Maybe even with @Timac? I already fired up Instruments and have a screenshot of where the time goes (deep down in Qt/GL) and can provide a sampling protocol from the Activity Monitor, too, if that helps tracking down the problem. I also opened a ticket but havenā€™t heard back yet (well, it was just about an hour ago, so thatā€™s totally fine).

Iā€™d really not like to delete the com.elgato StreamDeck folder in ~/Library/Application Support nor the ~Library/Preferences/com.elgato.StreamDeck.plist file.

Funny that the previous version of the StreamDeck app didnā€™t have this problem!

Welcome @metawops ! Glad to have you here.

We have not seen @timac around since his previous posts, so I would not expect to get a response from him here. The best place to file bug reports is definitely with the Stream Deck folks.

If you do you not hear back , you might want to try Elgatoā€™s Discordā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if you can get official support there, but youā€™ll probably find more people who might know how to help or where to direct you.

1 Like

Have you tried updating to v5? (The codebase seems similar, so not sure it will help you, but maybe a few bugs have been ironed out)

Iā€™m having the same problem with Monterey public beta. The SD was working fine on Big Sur, but I completely lost it on Monterey. The app works and the iPhone app is fine. Just the SD, itself. I tried to boot into a CCC backup drive with Big Sur, but Monterey doesnā€™t even offer that drive as a startup option.