Streaming Disney+ in Safari

I’ve never experienced this with other streaming services. However, I just signed up for Disney+ and have been watching some shows in the browser on my 2015 27" Retina iMac. Now I’m regularly interrupted by the Safari notification that the browser window I have open for streaming is using too much memory. It also automatically closes and opens back up at least once per 30 minute program. As I said, this doesn’t happen with any other streaming service, only Disney+. Is anyone familiar with this sort of problem and how to solve it, or is it just a poor coding problem with Disney and I should try using a different browser for Disney+?

I haven’t watched Disney+ on anything other than TV or iPad, but I do remember seeing that there is a free app called Clicker for Disney+ that might be worth checking out.

1 Like

Just a quick update to this old thread. Safari still has issues with Disney+ But, the Safari Technology Preview does not. I’m able to watch full screen shows on Disney+ in the technology preview without any issues and no warnings about memory usage.

(Also Reddit works without any issues in the technology preview too.)

2 Likes

They even have apps for other platforms such as YouTube and YouTube TV.

1 Like