Successful Sidecar workarounds...?

except for replacing a 2015 MBP and 12.9 iPad Pro that are working great for my needs, has anyone jumped in and found a reliable Sidecar setup that works on “incompatible” devices pre-2016?

reportedly these terminal commands initially worked at some stage but I had not upgraded yet with the first Catalina release issues

defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display allowAllDevices -bool YES

defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display AllowAllDevices -bool true; defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool true; open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sidecar.prefPane

There is the dev tools & disable system integrity protection patch method online, but I’m not that brave at tweaking vs sticking with Luna

My workaround was buying a Luna Display. After doing so, I discovered I really didn’t need it afterall :roll_eyes:.

I’ll be in the same boat as you… Whilst I’m planning on upgrading my 12.9" at the next version update, I have no plans for the immediate future on replacing my mid-2015 “Arment” MBP – it’s purring along nicely still…

I saw mentions of the workaround, which was awesome to see – hopefully someone here has tried it (else will have a scratch around over at the Macrumors forums to confirm), when I finally decide to bite the bullet and update to Catalina.