Task manager that allows attaching documents?

@fuchsr I am able to link almost anything in Reminders that has a URL or application-generated link. This includes Apple’s apps, iCloud links, Google document links, website, DEVONthink, Obsidian, Craft, etc. Obviously, there may be applications that don’t work with linking in Reminders, but thus far everything I’ve tried has worked. Below is an example from the Ulysses app.

2 Likes

I knew you’d have tested it on lots of things. You probably use it more than Apple does!

1 Like

Perhaps, but only because I’ve discovered, after too much experimenting, that my needs are basic enough that intermediate-level applications are usually all I need to get my work done. I’m guilty of overly complicating things; I’m trying to avoid that trap. :grinning:

This is with the app hook right?

No, I don’t use Hook. I use the links provided by the individual apps, e.g., Ulysses, Apple Notes, etc.

I just realized I misunderstood you. Yes, I use the app hooks. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I also was looking for something similar but found an alternative (that I actually like better): Hook app (recently renamed “Hookmark”). You can paste the link of a document (or the folder where the document is located) into any task manager.

For me, the advantage is that I can edit or move the document without changing the link. If I were to attach a document, wouldn’t be able to edit the document without re-attaching. When I need the document I click the link and it’s right there.

1 Like