TextExpander Crashing

Just finished my transition to Keyboard Maestro. Takes more time to make a snippet here, but they can be so much more powerful, including regular expression or multiple triggers.

2 Likes

I notice they had to let go their community relations hire (Jeff Gamet, great guy) last year. There was probably a hope that they could become more interactive with the community again. A company their size and age needs to be deliberate about public communication because random spurts of interaction on Twitter and forums can be as frustrating or more than silence.

Also, a lot of their communication energy likely goes into their contacts at their enterprise accounts. Those accounts support many families.

Other than that, choosing software is like getting a puppy. Eventually it’s going to become an old dog—it’ll become feature complete, make different priority tradeoffs than we used to enjoy, employ a different mix of people, develop certain warts and quirks, etc. With software, we have the luxury of moving on to the next puppy if we like. But that doesn’t mean the old dog did something wrong by aging.

1 Like

True, but in that case, the old dog keeps asking to be trained as if it still was a puppy and keeps forgetting what it learned. (Read: promise of sustained development through subscription, which we have not seen, and goes contrary to the idea that it’s indeed feature complete.)

… that metaphor may have escaped me a bit. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

drdrang has quit textexpander now… the bleeding is starting to gush…

@anon85228692

2 Likes

I’m really hoping Smile is getting the message. Or maybe they’re just focused on enterprise now.

Herein lies the problem with software sponsorships on a tech show. You might expect the issues with TE to be spoken about on the show in the form or editorial. Yet it isn’t, possibly because of the financial implications of doing so.

3 Likes