Thanks to everyone who beta tested Big Sur for the past year. It is now ready for my use

Monterrey coming out tomorrow means it’s time for me to upgrade to Big Sur that you have all been diligently beta testing the past year. It is now ready for my use.

Now please test Monterrey for me. Thanks! :smiley:

10 Likes

You’re welcome! :joy:

(Getting ready for Monterey. :wink: )

I look forward to using it next October.

I normally upgrade my laptop upon lauch day. I don’t participate in betas, but read up as they go along. I update my main machine (desktop) when the .1 release comes out.

This has never given me any trouble for the last 13 years. I only did one fresh build over the years when I sent my MacPro for hosting at MacStadium

1 Like

I do the same (since 2004…) and I can’t remember there ever having been a problem.

I always do a fresh install, though (upgrade the minor revisions, fresh install the major ones…) – it’s a good opportunity to get rid of all the markdown and text editors, useless ‘productivity’ apps, and other nonsense I’ve cluttered it up with since the last install…

I have never installed betas before but the new features of Monterey (especially Shortcuts) were tempting for me to try on a backup machine. Then I installed it on my main machine late last week when they announced the “Release Candidate.”

Monterey seems quite solid - I have not noted any gotcha items even though I have a pretty complex workflow with multiple monitors and apps in use simultaneously.

1 Like

Awwww, I’ve never been thanked before for beta testing MacOS since they have allowed it for the public. I enjoy sending feedback to Apple. We’re on beta 12.0.1 now and I didn’t encounter any bug-breaking workflow compared to iPadOS 15. That one has rendered my Apple Pencil unusable for a month, and then one day poof it’s fixed!

I do the same. But I was forced to have one Big Sur system in the house when my wife got an M1 iMac.