The App you wish someone would make

I would pay good money for a scanning app that would recognize handwriting (even okay level fo recognition). I have the iPad Pro with a pencil and use Good Notes or Notability but I really prefer to write in a notebook and scan.

Since Good Notes and Notability can recognize handwriting in the app it seems this is possible in theory - but I’ve yet to find a solution.

1 Like

Maybe Pen to Print?

Thanks, I will take a look. I was looking at Mac apps primarily but iOS works as well. One thing I did want is to export a combination of handwriting and images (diagrams etc). I was thinking a PDF that was OCRd but remained a PDF (that is the idea anyway).

Kevin, download this Automator workflow: https://encryptedarchive.org/index.php/s/ZtARNwDp8Nd4gx3

Place it in ~/Library/Services. If a Services folder doesn’t exist, create one.

Then go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Services

You should see “Copy Mail URI” there, and you can set a keyboard shortcut to activate it.

Otherwise, when a message is highlighted in Mail, if you go to Mail -> Services, you’ll see an option for “Copy Mail URI”. That will put the message URL on your clipboard.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

Know any ways to do this on iOS?

I really like Working Copy, but it only supports Git repos. I’d love a similar app that supports SVN repos.

On iOS, I don’t, but the URLs are universal, so if you do it on your Mac, the link will work on your iOS device.

I’m not on the iOS 12 beta…maybe the new Shortcuts will be able to get the link?

To manage your Kindle library, take a look at Calibre if you haven’t already. Free and runs on Mac or PC. It is not the prettiest thing, but gets the job done.

1 Like

I wish that MindNode had a presentation mode. Like Prezi but without the motion sickness.

iThoughts X has had one for many years. Here’s a short 4-year-old video showing it off:

1 Like

Thanks @bowline I definitely will. I used to be an iThoughts user.

I 'd like to see a love child of Ulysses and iA Writer, or maybe the product of a threesome (OK, that’s even weirder) among Scrivener, Ulysses, and iA Writer — all the organizational power of the first two, the beauty of the middle, and the true Markdown/Multimarkdown, transparent file storage, and plain-text focus of the latter — with true open-in-place in its iOS version and absolutely rock-solid iCloud sync across devices. Whether you buy it or subscribe to it makes me no never-mind.

1 Like