The basic M2 MacBook Air (8G, 256G) is really rather good

Chrome is a massive mess and a huge invasion on the privacy of the user.

One reason Iā€™m able to use an iPad as my primary computer is I donā€™t need to carry the bulk of my data. Copies of my music, movies, and photos, etc. are available online, backed up to B2, and also are sitting on a shelf in my home. What I need everyday resides on my iPad and a copy of everything I might need occasionally is on Google Drive and an encrypted Samsung T-7 that is automatically kept up to date. And when there is a chance it might be needed I take the T-7 with me.

Thereā€™s no guarantee that a cloud only solution will ever be popular, or possible. But I grew up when men were riding rockets designed with slide rules so I donā€™t rule out anything. :grinning:

Speaking of disruptive technology I found the latest Decoder podcast very interesting.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great news. I got one for my wife that hasnā€™t arrived yet, Iā€™m probably more excited than she is just to get my hands on an M2. But I love my M1 16 inch.

RenĆ© Ritchie has a fantastic video about why he stopped doing product reviews that is worth a watch. Itā€™s basically that most product reserves donā€™t actually dig into the guts of the product but basically run some benchmarks that someone with a little knowledge can run and they end up talking trash about every product anyway.