The Calm Inbox course: only for beginners

@mikeschmitz I have several of your courses, because they make good quick reference sources for me. I’ll admit I’ve never run one of your courses end-to-end, because that’s not why I own them. I own them to be able to jump into a section when I need it. The production values are good and professional. You publish the chapter list and content to tell us what’s in store before we buy. I think you’ve got a good approach.

(Personally, I wouldn’t ask for a refund because I paid you for your professional work based on what I understood it to be, and that’s the bargain I entered into.)

One thing I would suggest would be to add something to your course catalog listings discussing “Who is this course for …” I think the descriptions talk about that but you might want to punch that info more so there is a no-surprises outcome.

Keep it up!

3 Likes

@mikeschmitz

I have been visiting TheSweetSetup for at least 5 years now and the reasons have not changed - Best Apps section and Sweet Setup interviews

I am certain the courses are high quality production. I have personally found that I end up buying courses but never go ahead with actually taking the course. Sadly, I have a few MacSparky courses that I have yet to go through :frowning: Clearly my laziness.

The key with courses is who is the target audience.

This recently released FAQ on the Calm is very useful in deciding if the course is for me - https://thesweetsetup.com/answers-to-your-calm-inbox-questions/

For feedback, I would appreciate more sweet setup interviews :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve purchased many SweetSetup courses over the years. Some I’ve kept and refer back to as I (FINALLY) get around to learning how to use certain apps (Things3; 1Password). Others I look at thoroughly (because of those power tips you mention) and realize that overall that partic course isn’t for me, as I’ve already steeped myself in that subject cuz I’m a nerd. It’s precisely BECAUSE I’m a nerd that I’ drawn to check out the SS courses, just in case there is something I missed… So I for one appreciate the generous money-back offer. Without it I wouldn’t have jumped into some of the courses I kept, having been burned at previous sites with subpar material. – So thanks, @mikeschmitz and Shawn!

2 Likes

I love that y’all have power tips and there are plenty of “new-to-me” tips, like the ones you mention in the Calm Inbox course. Unlike your other TSS courses which focus on one app, however, there are a few tips each provided for a variety of email apps. And I won’t be buying/using multiple email apps; probably only one…so not all these tips are valuable to me if I don’t use that partic app. – I realize that’s why it doesn’t feel AS power-usery and valuable across the board as your other courses that I’ve bought and kept–the ones that focus in-depth on one app alone that I DO own. – I think that’s where this course differs from say your Ulysses course, Things 3 course, etc. – Hoping I expressed what I felt was the difference here clearly. –