The New Apple Music Classical App

Anyone here use Idagio?

I read a PC mag review which suggested Idagio was better than the Apple offering, as it included PDFs of the CD booklet for albums, as well as more live material and being available on more devices.

If you already have Apple Music the point will be moot as it’s a nice extra for no extra cost, but I’m wondering what others’ experience has been. Certainly the booklets have been really helpful as I’ve played with the free tier of the Idagio app.

2 Likes

I’m aware I can download the iPhone app to my iPad, but this is still ridiculous.

When clicked, it will let you download the iPhone app but it will not redirect you to Ryuichi Sakamoto’s (RIP :cry:) page.

I have found that the Classical app doesn’t appear in Car Play. If I’ve been playing music on it, plug it into my car, the Now Playing app doesn’t recognize anything from Classical. I don’t know the terminology, but if I have the CarPlay screen broken up into parts, then the Classical music playing shows up there. Odd. Also, and I haven’t updated my WatchOS, but I couldn’t control Classical from my watch.

The fact that they don’t yet have a dedicated iPad or Mac app leaves me to believe a CarPlay app is very low on their priority list. All the same albums and playlists are available in the regular music app, just use that while in the car.

Apple Music Classical finally has an iPad app:

10 Likes

Great! Thanks for the heads up.

That’s great news! Hopefully, we’ll see apps for the Mac and Apple TV soon as well.

2 Likes

Both would be most welcome.

1 Like

I checked the Mac App Store this morning hoping they would allow you to install the iPad app, but alas no. This must mean they are working on a Mac version then.

1 Like