The Paradox of Choice

I am interested in how you use Agenda.

I thought you are a DEVONThink fan Am I misremembering?

I am a user of DEVONthink, and it sits open here on the Dock all the time. “Fan”? Not a word I associate with DEVONthink – sort of like being a “fan” of electricity.

7 Likes

100% is a high bar DEVONthink 3, Keyboard Maestro for me. I don’t see anything around to replace them or substitute at all. I use Keyboard Maestro for text expansion too.
I have several that I would be very unhappy to lose though. Ulysses, Houdah Spot, Alfred, Last Pass, Mellel and Bookends. I have used and might still have occasion to, the LaTeX suite and Textpad for it.

Pretty much anything I please. We have been traveling a lot. We have a motorhome and I completed my goal of visiting all 50 states. We take classes in various places we’ve traveled. In western NC there is the John Campbell Folk School that offers classes in everything from blacksmithing, woodworking, fiber arts, music, cooking, and more. There’s a similar but smaller school in Grand Marias MN with more rustic crafts. Renovated a house we were planning to sell. Did all the work myself from framing, electrical, plumbing, drywall, and tile. Spent the last 1.5 years on the road full time after selling the house until we figured out where we wanted to settle.

Helps to have a lot of interests outside of work. The people that have the hardest time with retirement are those that are too immersed in their job with few interests. I’ve had the opposite problem with too many things I find interesting to do.

8 Likes