The Shortcuts app won't open/run in Ventura

I can’t run the Shortcuts app on my Mac (MacBook Air M1) since upgrading to Ventura. When I try to open the app, the app bounces on the dock for a while, and then I get the spinning beachball and finally a “Shortcuts quit unexpectedly.” error. I’ve tried some basic problem solving, like restarting my Mac, but that doesn’t seem to help.

Interestingly, Shortcuts that I execute through Keyboard Maestro run properly. And I’ve added some Shortcuts on my iPad, and Keyboard Maestro on my Mac recognizes the existence of these new Shortcuts and I can execute them on a Mac through KM. But I can’t seem to open the app itself.

Anyone have any ideas? Like, I don’t even know if I can delete the app and reinstall it somehow. Thanks.

1 Like

works just fine here - same hardware, Ventura 13.0

@dixonge Yeah, I think it was particular to my system/setup/etc., as I haven’t seen any posts on this anywhere else.

For what it’s worth, I was able to resolve this through CleanMyMac X → Uninstaller → removing Preferences and Supporting information for the Shortcuts app. Working fine now.

2 Likes