Is there a way to change the time designated as “morning” on Apple devices? If I get a Reminders notification at 8:00 AM and want to delay it until the afternoon, I don’t get that option. I have to delay it until morning and then it pops up again at 9:00, after which I can then delay it until the afternoon.
I asked ChatGPT. Not sure if this works:
To change the time designated as “morning” on Apple devices, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Display & Brightness.”
- Under the “Appearance” section, tap on “Light” or “Dark,” depending on your preference.
- Tap on “Options” next to “Light” or “Dark.”
- In the “Light” or “Dark” appearance options, you will see a slider labeled “Customize Tone.” Slide this to the left or right to adjust the time designated as “morning” according to your preference.
- Once you have adjusted the slider to your liking, tap on “Done” to save your changes.
Note that this will affect the appearance of your device’s interface, as well as any apps that support the “Light” or “Dark” appearance options.
Go into the settings of the Reminders app.
In the middle of the settings pane there’s a box where you set the time for All-Day Reminders (it’s set to 9:00 for me).
This is on MacOS—the setting may look different on other devices.
Yeah, I have this set to 8:00, and daily reminders pop up then. If I click to delay any timed reminder before 9:00, I just get the “Morning” option. I guess that morning always starts at 9:00 AM in Appleville, whether you’ve been up for four hours by that time or not.
I think that ChatGPT will make up anything that sounds good whether it knows or not.
That’s the beauty of ChatGPT - it is the best BS tool ever. It hallucinates a series of sentences and then make it sound like its sure.
I’ve worked with a lot of people like that. They were disappointingly successful.
Aah, sorry. I’ve re-read your OP and see your question is different from what I thought!
I just noticed that in the Today view, there’s a Morning and Afternoon section—which has 9 am default for morning and 3 pm default for afternoon…but I don’t know if there’s any way to change that!