The Verge: There is a noticeable difference in battery life between models with the M1 Pro and those with the M1 Max

I was asking about the LG monitor :slight_smile:

Oops

It’s the 27inch, the one apple sells… bought in 2016

1 Like

MacBook Pro Max’s Real Life Battery Test
Pro or Max
It is clear to me from reading numerous reviews; the Pro has the better battery life. This, in hindsight, should be obvious because Apple used the Pro version for their 21 hours battery life claim.

95% of the time, my MacBook is connected to the LG 5k Ultrafine display. Therefore, I was never seeking a Macbook with the best possible battery life. Honestly, I was also not seeking a Macbook with the most power chip either. However, thanks to Apple’s engineering, I now have both. A powerful laptop with extraordinary battery life.

I am happy with my choice, I rather have the most powerful chip because the trade-off (few hours of battery life) has no material impact on my experience with using this computer.
MacBook Pro Max’s Real Life Battery Test

Thanks for this link. So is it pretty much established that the Pro has better battery life than the Max all else being equal?

I just put in my order for the 32GB M1 Pro MacBook.

1 Like

How does this power consumption translate in terms of fan noise? I do not care much about battery duration but noise is very much relevant to me.

1 Like

I have the same configuration but in the 14" model, which has “worse” thermals than the 16". My typical use involves hours of sustained 30% CPU load with 70% GPU load and I have never heard the fans. I’m sure that at higher loads the fans will be audible, but so far the machine has been silent for me.

2 Likes

Interesting, that’s exactly the same wording and value as on Apple’s website on MacBook Pros’ overview (footnotes 4, 21, 22 is where it comes up).