Third Party Watch Cable?

Has anybody found a third-party (read: “less expensive”) watch cable that’s reliable / works well?

I know that technically an MFI certification means that Apple has given their blessing to the product, but I have this sneaking suspicion that a lot of the stuff available that claims to be MFI certified is dodgy.

Looking for a recommendation if anybody has one. :slight_smile:

When I was building my tech travel bag, I went down the rabbit hole of third party Apple Watch chargers. I tried four different ones. All four had multiple reviews that said they stopped working quickly. Two of the ones I tried failed my first test which was consistent charging upon placement. Sometimes they wouldn’t charge and I would have to re-drop. The other two failed within a week of using it as a primary charger, just to ensure it would be fine after a few cycles.

In the end, I ended up buying an official Apple one and then I have the peace of mind knowing that my travel bag has a quality charger ready for use.

Maybe someone else will have an option for you.

I have an Insignia brand I’ve had for a year now and it’s been flawless (knock on wood). It also has a 2ft cable which is nice.

1 Like

That’s the route I’d be tempted to take - but this is my GF’s to-go bag, and she’s a little reluctant to throw $30 at a cable. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the notes!

That’s Best Buy’s store brand, isn’t it? Good to know. :slight_smile:

Yup it is. :+1:t2: It was only a couple dollars cheaper than the Apple cable but I wanted the longer cord.

1 Like

I got an official Apple cable from BestBuy, but an Open Box item. I saved like 7 bucks and there was nothing wrong with it and still works.

1 Like