To buy, or not to buy

You are absolutely right about getting to know the buyers and sellers. But you learn that through trial and error far too often, particularly starting out.

I just recently was sold a “designer” handbag that wasn’t even leather. I use to buy nice ones before I retired but nothing really expensive. The seller answered a question of mine regarding pricing and I didn’t go back and take a better peek before purchasing the item like I should have.

I got the bag and was furious. So I had to wait DAYS, as per EBay policy, but I did something I have had to only VERY rarely do. I blasted her with negative feedback for selling me a counterfeit handbag!

She got all bent out of shape, offered me a refund if I changed the feedback. She claimed she didn’t know the brand like I did…blah, blah, blah. When I pointed out it wasn’t even leather, well, that shut her up. I took a loss but I didn’t care. She likely took a far far bigger loss. I loathe people like her! All she cares about is money~ ok… LOL!

I use to purse to put misc stuff inside.
—-
As for the Chinese, I really did not understand the manner in which their country had emerged from the Dark Ages. Then I saw Frontline about AI, particularly China, approximately six months ago. I was floored. If you haven’t seen it, you might find it interesting,

https://www.thirteen.org/programs/frontline/in-the-age-of-ai-zwfwzb/
——-
I use to buy and sell vintage Nancy Drew books. Now I just buy them, from one seller in particular. I know what I’m doing so it would be hard for me to get ripped off. And I have a terrific guide. But it has happened with that mega seller I mentioned as I’m VERY picky about condition.

I use to factor in getting ripped off on EBay at least once a year.

The Chinese could move in on just about any market, I suppose. I’m not sure what EBay could do to get them out.
—-
Your hobby sounds fascinating! What sort of playing cards do you collect? If you ever want to recycle 2 or 3, I can add them to a scrapbook, with photo corners, of course. How do you keep them together? To show off?

Good thing you got wind about the Chinese via Russia. Spread the word!