Ulysses for short-form writing?

Absolutely. I never groked Scrivener until I took a full evening to do the tutorials. Only then did I understand what I could do with it.

OK, guess I better learn more French than for reading roadsigns in Québec LOL. Thanks for posting the links :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve look look at Bear every few months, when I get infected by enthusiasm for it. It’s never stuck for me.

Export is great but what if you’re in a situation when you can’t? I had to take my one and only Mac to the shop this summer and had to buy a replacement on the spot. Ow!

You can export from iOS as easily as from the Mac. And/or install on a new Mac and sync from iCloud.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with iCloud sheets. Yeah, it’s overkill for what I need, but… My kind of overkill. :grinning:

I like that I can easily export a who group of sheets into markdown documents very quickly, so I can get out without the disaster I had with Evernote. :sob:

Setapp:
Maybe this is the reason to finally try Setapp.* Do you know if the license for Ulysses on Setapp unlocks the iOS versions as well? I’m guessing it does?

*I’ve been thinking about trying Setapp for ever, but I already own almost all the good apps in the subscription. But if I had jumped on Setapp years ago, I would have saved sooooo much money.

It does! This is the feature that gave me the incentive to cancel my Ulysses subscription and go with Setapp. The transition was seamless. I uninstalled the non-Setapp instance, installed the Setapp instance on my Mac, opened Ulysses on the Mac and let it sync, and Ulysses on my iOS devices instantly knew I had the Setapp subscription and continued to work.

1 Like

Ulysses can work for the specified use case, but it seems like overkill. It would work if you already have a Setapp subscription, but paying for Ulysses might be a bit much.