Unresponsive HomeKit devices

So far my foray into HokeKit has been a good experience. I have an Abode security system and Logitech Circle View cameras that all work great.

My problem recently comes form the MyQ Garage door hub and EcoBee thermostats, both of which seem to be unresponsive more than they are shown as active. I’ve removed and reconnected my MyQ hub and it didn’t help the problem.

Are there any other troubleshooting options I can use?

For the ecobee units I had to remove from HomeKit, reset to default, and remove from my WiFi network. After reinstalling everything they worked fine.

The experience with MyQ almost had me checking in at the insane asylum! Resets, excruciating conversations with customer service and finally a replacement unit STILL didn’t make it work. Hopefully, others had better experiences so all I can say is good luck.

1 Like

I’ve had to call MyQ a couple times to get he gun working again. It’s frustrating but their customer service is nice.

I’ve had the Ecobee “disconnect” problem since it was installed. It’s probably some a DHCP lease renewal glitch – it only occurs once a day at most for just a few minutes.

1 Like

I opted for this " Apple HomeKit Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, Compatible with Siri, Alexa & Google Assistant, No Hub Needed, Remote Control" instead of the MyQ hub. There’s some installation involved, but it’s been flawless. In case you don’t find a solution for the hub and you don’t mind running some wires.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GG1H7TV/

1 Like