URL scheme to open any file, any app, or any file with any app

Oh! Hookmark is interesting. Didn’t think of that. It does a fair bit more than this admittedly stupid little app :slight_smile:

@Kevin_Leger What happens then? (If you have a GitHub account, feel free to discuss there or DM me)

Well … sure. But I think what @Rochelle_B-S was commenting on is that Hookmark seemed to be almost absent from this discussion. And that’s weird because for most folks, in most instances, Hookmark is a smooth well-developed app that already does this kind of thing (and more). So the lingering impression is that folks were completely unaware of Hookmark (as @ctietze confirmed!)

1 Like

Well … sure, but Hookmark was mentioned a mere two comments above @Rochelle_B-S 's comment!

Well … sure, but … :slight_smile:

On another note, the original Hookmark commenter (@nfdksdfkh) wrote that it was “expensive”. I’d like to disagree. It costs $30 standard, and $70 pro. While pro is pretty expensive, most people won’t need those added features. Updates only last a year, but you can use the app as long as you want without getting continued updates. And, to me, the updates have been relatively “modest” (at least for my uses).

So … $30 to me seems not expensive for such a helpful app. (I think I originally got the Pro version for something like $13 when it first came out, and my updates cost something like $12 if I want another year of updates … so original purchasers of the app were certainly rewarded with lower costs originally, and for ongoing updates.)

Granted, $30 can seem like $1,000 to some folks and like a penny to others.

1 Like

Hookmark is included with a Setapp subscription.

I don’t even think pro is expensive. Quality software should command a premium price.

Would I like everything to be free? Of course! But developers need to buy shoes. And should be fairly compensated for their work.

4 Likes