USB-C on the new iPad Pro

I was literally just looking for this on Amazon. I believe one of the reasons why you don’t see this much (yet) is because in my experience a large chunk of USB C Android phones are sold with a USB A to USB C cable in the box. However maybe the iPad (and next year’s iPhone?) will push manufacturers to do more.

There is one Aukey charger which outputs up to 36W that I found, and it has 2 USB C ports on it, but that won’t charge my 15" MacBook Pro!

1 Like

I was looking for a charger with multiple USB-C ports a while back and couldn’t find anything.

FYI last year Kannon Yamada wrote an interesting article on the Good, Bad and Ugly facts about USB-C chargers. He explained why you want to avoid some, and made some recommendations:

1 Like

A friend directed me to a site which does teardowns and analyses of battery chargers, and also some power adapters (but few USB-C chargers). Site’s conclusion in its review of Apple’s 61w USB-C charger was that it was a good charger for Apple devices but not necessarily the best as a general PD supply.

The site also has a positive overall review for Xiaomi’s Mi 45W USB-C charger CDQ02ZM, which costs $20 in China - or $26 shipped from a reseller.

FYI I saw on Slickdeals that the $40 Anker 60w charger I mentioned above has dropped (today only?) to $28 with coupon code ANKERCH3

1 Like

I don’t understand why people are freaking out about USB-C chargers with multiple ports, output, fast charging, buying new chargers, etc. The USB-C chargers that are currently available are big, bloated beasts that I don’t want to carry. All I did was get a few USB-A to USB-C charging cables and continued to use my Aukey compact multiple USB-A chargers. No, it’s not Fast Charging but I don’t care. It charges, and that’s what matters.

1 Like