Voice Memo to Reminders

I am trying to figure out the best way to capture quick voice memos that I can send to the Reminders app as tasks. It seems that Reminders is integrated with just about all of Apples other apps like email, notes, etc. but not voice memos.

Has anyone discovered a way to get voice memos (not transcription but the actual recording) into the Reminders app whether that be through Apple’s voice memo app or a different app?

Best way I have figure out so far is to record voice memo, upload to Notes app and then ask Siri to remind me about that note.

Thanks!

I do not see a way to add an attachment to Reminders app (I do not have the latest update)… do you?

It’s quicker to use Siri. “Hey Siri, remind me tomorrow at 3:00 to get some bananas”. Will create that reminder in Reminders. Works on iOS or macOS.

I have the latest version and yes I know the siri shortcut to capture a reminder, but this more for extended thoughts or ideas on the go.

Sadly, I don’t think so until Reminders allows attachments other than images. I’m not sure why it doesn’t, given it’s based on iCloud… maybe an upcoming feature.

The only workaround is to get a URL to the recording. You could, for example, share the audio to Apple Notes, then share the newly created note and capture the URL. You can then paste the URL in the Reminder. Not exactly quick, and I don’t think it could be readily automated with Shortcuts.