Waiting for the Keyboard Maestro Field Guide

And it’s live:

There is a temporary lower introduction price.

1 Like

Just enrolled!

Had a quick scan through – really hope @MacSparky touches on variables somewhere (couldn’t spot it directly) – I’m fairly comfortable with most of the rest, but variables (and how to use them properly) have always done my head in!

1 Like

@BradG Variables are covered in “User Input” in section three and used several times throughout section 6.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Well gang, it’s been a busy several months but happy to have launched the KMFG today. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Fantastic!! Thanks @MacSparky

1 Like

David let me check this out a few days early, and I emailed him back a short while later to tell him that I had already learned something new from this.

I’ve been using Keyboard Maestro since approximately 2011.

You might think that I’d know everything there is to know about it, but I don’t. There are some aspects of it that I’ve just never gotten into, and it has served me just fine.

My reason for mentioning this is two-fold:

1. I fully believe that almost anyone out there who uses Keyboard Maestro will learn something from David’s guide.

2. Don’t feel like you need to be an expert on everything about it to get started. First of all, that’s impossible. Second of all, even if you just find one or two places to get started with, you’ll still benefit from it, and you can learn more over time.

KM can be an intimidating app, but if you’ve always wanted to learn more about it but didn’t know where to start, now you know where to start.

(If you’ve somehow not bought KM yet, there’s even a discount code on David’s site in the announcement post.)

4 Likes

You may be able to help me Rose. Does the field guide explain or help in understanding variables in KBM? I know math and logic and know in the abstract what variables are. I can’t get the hang of them on KBM at all though. I just can’t get it. Anybody else might be able to help or any source? The KBM manual and fora haven’t been able to get me to understand how to do them.

David; I asked Rose already. Does the field guide include help in understanding variables? I can’t get them at all on KBM. Despite in the abstract knowing what they are. I have a logic/math background. The excellent Michael TX on the KBM forum tried patiently to help me but failed! I will get the guide at some point withouth doubt; I love your stuff but an answer to this might affect the time scale…

1 Like

I actually asked folk about this directly. It is doing my head in too. I just can’t get them. MichaelTX on the KBM forum tried to help me. I understand variables in the abstract. I just can’t get them in KBM. It is the one stumbling block to my use of KBM. I even have imported macros that use variables. I have looked and looked at them. They work and I use them but I don’t understand them and can’t construct one. I use tokens ok and I think I have a simple macro with a variable I managed to bumble through without really knowing what I was doing. I am interested in what the problem is in my case. I have a math/logic background even.