Watch 7 anyone?

I’ve been on a steady upgrade path with Watches since they were introduced, but just scanning the Watch 7 announcement convinced me that this is the year to skip the Watch and get the iPhone. Watch 7 looks like an always-on Watch 6 and not much more, from my perspective. I don’t think the faster charging matters, or the bigger screen, and the software is … Watch 6 for the most part. Looking forward to maybe someday having a BP sensor, though that must be a difficult challenge.

2 Likes

I dropped off the annual upgrade train with the Series 4. I had always gotten the stainless models and couldn’t justify the cost anymore.

I think I may take the leap this year and just get a sport model for fitness and sleep tracking and not worry about much else. The Series 4 is showing its age for me now and 90% of my use with it is fitness.

3 Likes

I’m on the same page. Sticking with the 6. My wife will likely stick to her 5, too.

Then again, once we see that new display in person, it might end up on some gift wish lists…

4 Likes

Dropped off the yearly upgrade train after I got the Series 5. Didn’t see enough in the Series 6 to buy a new watch. The Series 7 is a bit more tempting, but not quite enough either.

1 Like

I traded in my my 4 when the 6 was released because I have a serious lung disease that requires regular monitoring of my blood oxygen level and the 6 introduced that function. I see nothing in the 7 that would entice me to transition.

3 Likes

I’m staying with my S4. Will probably buy S8.

3 Likes

I have a Series 5 and I love it. I mostly bought it for the fall protection. (A deterrent. LOL!!) I did my first EKG this morning. It is so cool. I bought the SE so I could use the Apple Watch. It sure beats the Android I had!

Hopefully you can get the 13 or one with a really nice camera for now.

1 Like

When I purchased my Series 2 I was still working and used it mainly for notifications & reminders but started using it on my daily 5 mile walks. I’ve considered getting an SE for some of the new features (altimeter, GPS) but the battery on my S2 is still good for 26+ hours. IMO there’s nothing wrong with waiting to upgrade until there’s a real need.

I wouldn’t bet against Apple but the wrist has always been considered a less desirable location because “blood pressure measurements taken at the wrist are usually higher and less accurate than those taken at your upper arm.”

2 Likes

I like the Stainless model and also can’t justify the price to upgrade every year. While I would like some of the newer features, my S4 is still working fine so no plans to upgrade unless something happens to it.

4 Likes

I have a Series 4 and wouldn’t upgrade to anything after except for that my son’s Series 2 is really showing its age. The S2 was a hand me down from my when I got the S4, so this year I’ll get an S7 and give him the S4. This will also let him unlock his phone with a mask on.

3 Likes

I’ve also dropped off the yearly upgrade. Happy with my 6 and waiting for the rumoured new health sensors in AW Series 8 (hoping for a blood pressure sensor!)

Edit: sorry @ACautionaryTale didn’t mean to reply directly to you.

2 Likes

I would love the series 7 for the bigger screen, but I’m still paying off the series 6 titanium model.

1 Like

Me and my SO started with Series 0, then Series 3. We always get the aluminum. This is the year we are planning to get Series 7 and we’re excited. I’m most excited for A-fib, a larger battery for tracking sleep and always on screen. Was hoping for Blood Pressure sensor. I don’t think we’ll upgrade again for the next 3 years.

I get a new sports Apple Watch every year and pass down my old one. So yep on getting the Series 7

Still using a Series 3, but very tempted to buy a Series 7!

1 Like

Haven’t had the need to upgrade my S4 since I purchased it when it came out. Nothing that exciting that I see so far. My wife has the S2 (hand me down), potentially give her the S4, when the S8 comes out lol.

Think I’ll be getting one - wasn’t going to get a 6 but had some airline points running out and as we couldn’t fly I got one for ‘free’.
Then the pass me downs will happen and everyone in the house that wears one will get the always on display and can sell the 4.

Same here, I will upgrade from the S4 to the S7 this year.

Can’t believe Apple is still selling the S3 though… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think i will get the 7 to have the blood oxygen sensor. My latest was the 5 and I think that was introduced on the 6. I think buying every other watch is going to be the way in the future for me.

I am happy with my 5, does everything I need and the slightly bigger screen size is not enough of a leap.

2 Likes