Way to get calendar event automatically added to a spreadsheet

I would like to create a spreadsheet that has all of my doctor appointments. I was hoping there was a way to automate a process where if I add an appointment to a calendar (I am mainly using Fantastical) that it will create a spreadsheet entry. This way I can add notes to the spreadsheet with what the appointment was about and later when I want to know when and why I went to a specific doctor I can just look at the spreadsheet. I tried setting this up with IFTTT but it is not working. I am not tied to only using IFTTT if there is a better tool or way to get this done. I do not do much with automation so any help I can get would be appreciated.

@macsparky and @RosemaryOrchard talked about calendar automation on Episode 1 of Automators. I don’t think they covered exactly what you want, but maybe some of what they talked about could give you a starting point.

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I will check it ou!

Zapier can create an action (a “zap”) where when an entry is added to a Google calendar that Zapier watches, then it creates a new row in a Google sheet, in Google Docs. You’d need to set up Fantastical to access that Google calendar, which is simple, and your “spreadsheet” would have to be a Google sheet.

1 Like

This sounds like something that Agenda would be great for.
Basically, it allows you to take notes that are linked to your calendar appointments.

2 Likes

Fantastical currently has access to my google calendars so it should work. I haven’t tried Zapier yet. Do you use it for other “zaps” that you like?

I am not familiar with Agenda. I will have to check it out. Do you use it with anything other than your calendar?

I would like to take certain events in my calendar and put them in a list order by date. Anyone have any ideas? I would like you use an iPhone no computer unless I really have to.