What do you think we will see from Apple at the event in April?

I’m a huge fan of the Mac Mini. I don’t have a laptop currently, but I do have an iPad. If I need to do Mac things I’m fine being tied to my desk - and the iPad covers other stuff.

Since I already have a display I’m happy with and a ergo keyboard, I’m happy to just be able to replace the actual computer part and not pay extra for the screen/keyboard built in to the laptop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to know, thanks! As interested as I am with the iMac, I feel like it would be too bulky and overpowered for my needs. I mainly use it for graphic design purposes these days. The Mini would fit my space perfectly.

I recommend you watch this video. It provides a timeline of events implying that we will in fact see a new redesigned Apple Silicon iMac next week.

Also, from your favorite news source… :wink:

At least they posted a helpful guide. The bare minimum…

1 Like

I hope you’re right. The next chapters of the Apple Silicon Macs are really the most exciting thing happening at Apple at the moment for me :smiley:

Only in dreams right now. I’ve got a smoking’ 2017 5K 27 inch i7 with hi-perf GPU and CPU, and onboard 2 TB SSD HD that’s working just fine. It’s replacement in 2023 or 2024 will definitely be an Apple Silicon iMac though.

Yeah, same. Time to get high while watching the event! :sunglasses::v:

You’d rather stick with an Intel Mac?

But still…
https://talk.macpowerusers.com/t/the-global-chip-shortage-why-the-evergreen-ship-stuck-in-the-suez-canal-certainly-isn-t-helping/22559/2

Wait, what are you talking about? Who is Patrick? Does that have to do with the topic? Sorry, I’m a bit out of the loop here. I’m still familiarizing myself with this place. I haven’t gotten the chance to meet every single member here yet. :smile:

That doesn’t throw the chances of a smaller iMac out the window.

Okay, I’m linking MR here, but l0vetodream is among the most reliable leakers in the field with Kuo and I thought some members might rejoice. It looks like iMacs are in the cards after all.

3 Likes

I totally agree that they would not start small for that line. At least, not with smaller screens than the current best ones. There has been a rumor for even bigger iMacs (over 30’): might there be a first update to replace the 21’ with new ones that compete with the 27’ in size, and then an even better update down the line with humongous screens?

Come to think of it, I would really like an affordable Apple branded display to go with that line… I hope they come.

1 Like

Well, there are rumors regarding that kind of product… :upside_down_face:

Yup, I am calling it. New iMacs next week for sure.

The only time I remember him being wrong is when every single reliable leaker was saying that thered be a March event. Considering what has happened so far, I am definitely taking his word for it.

Oh, are you suggesting that we will see the bigger iMac be refreshed first? Not the smaller iMac?

I think that like the MBPs, Intel and Mx iMacs will coexist for a while. It could be that the new “small” iMacs would be bigger (but in a similar footprint to the 21’, thanks to smaller bezels) and even bigger ones would appear later. But that’s wild speculation on my part.

We have had two accounts in a row that were flooding the forums with MR and where the interactions could be, let’s put it that way, a bit confusing at times. I think we’re now wary of people who post a lot of links; if you’re new here, you can safely assume that we read those websites. Extraordinary news and personal opinions and developments on current news are of course very welcome, but there is no need to relay those websites assiduously, especially in several threads. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, I hope that Apple will get rid of any Intel Macs sooner rather than later.

Thanks for clarifying. If certain links aren’t allowed, I will gladly stop posting them if they pose an issue. :+1:

That is still pretty high (higher than Jon Prosser and many other leakers). I’m not skeptical yet.

They’re not “not” allowed. It’s however best to avoid flooding the forums with them and to take care to provide personal reflexion when posting them. In short, if that ever happens, don’t just relay them with just a line saying “what do you think?”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah, okay. I see now. I’ll try not to be too vague when posting links like that. Too many links from one source can be overwhelming.

1 Like

Been thinking about this too :sweat_smile: that’s definitely possible (but I doubt it - why discontinue the iMac Pro so much in advance?)
Anyway, we’ll see soon !

I hope the entire 21.5" iMac lineup gets updated, not just the lowest configuration. I want to spec out a high-end redesigned Apple Silicon iMac.

I’m not too concerned about the innards of my machine, TBH. As I said, my iMac is working great for me at the moment, so while M1 iMacs would be interesting, I won’t be getting one for a few years.

Suit yourself. I’m rather excited to see new Apple Silicon iMacs be unveiled next week. The boost in performance will be crazy!

We will have to wait and see what ends up happening. I guess you aren’t a true Mac power user if you don’t do anything intensive on your machine. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, same. Where is the “Mac Average Users” forum? Somebody needs to greenlight that idea! :smile:

2 Likes