What e-mail provider should I choose and why?

Why Fastmail vs Protonmail? Thank you, David!

I’ve been using Fastmail for about 4 years now and really, really like it.

• can use your own domain and multiple aliases
  • The name is meaningful; there is virtually NO latency in the web app
  • they place a high priority on security and privacy (i.e. they do not use/sell your data; you are not the product). Check out the integration with 1Password to create and manage Masked Emails
  • very reliable
  • integrates well with Apple mail apps, plus they offer their own apps for iOS
  • fairly sophisticated rules capabilities - listen to David and Rosemary on this
1 Like

I finally did it, thanks to your advice and @MacSparky, I am now doing business with Fastmail.

First I went through everything in my domainmail, the stuff that was left I told Fastmail to import. That’s the easy part.

What I have left is a GMail account with 16gb worth of E-mail. I have used Chuck to sort my email on ”from”, that way I manged to delete thousands of old bulk email, easy.

After that I told Fastmail to import only new email from GMail.

Right now I have very much email old left in GMail which I am pondering about what I will do with. One idea is to throw them in Devonthink for archival.

Unsubscribe is a new keyboard in my life

Thank you so far for solving this task for me, you and everybody else that came with really good ideas!

//Bernt

P.S. Each and every email in Fastmail that I have decided to save is for reference purpose only.

2 Likes