What type of dock do you use?

I’m thinking about getting a dock to use at work with my MacBook Pro. My current dock works with my Surface Pro & enables me to extend my Surface desktop to both of my PC monitors and to my wall mounted projector.

Is this type of a setup possible to recreate with my Mac? I don’t use my Surface much anymore. Thanks!

1 Like

I have seen docks for macs but never used one myself, I imagine that a trip to dongletown is probably more versatile, on my desk I have a pile of cables run to where I keep the machine and taped to the desk with just a bit of moment where I connect them, so I keep a clean desk but I can take the dongles out easily when I travel.

1 Like

maybe something like this?

1 Like

I have this and it works great. It is funny this came up, though, because I don’t need mine anymore after getting my iMac Pro, so I’m about to put my OWC dock on eBay. Looking there, there are several used ones if you are looking to save a bit of :moneybag:.

1 Like

I use a Belkin Thunderbolt 3 dock at work and one at home. In both locations I have two monitors (one 4K and one “regular”). It works very well and it’s pretty convenient to have to plug in only one cable for everything, including power.

1 Like

I have an older (2011) MBP that I use with a Thunderbolt Display and Caldigit Thunderbolt hub. To take the MBP on the road requires unplugging the power and Thunderbolt cables and I’m gone. Very easy. I can drive multiple displays but the 27” is plenty big. I use it in clamshell mode with a full keyboard.

1 Like