What would you want Apple Press to write about?

+1

That sounds reasonable. But that’s not going to happen unless you have a magic lantern that you’ve only used twice. :grinning:

If all of us were to gather in one place I doubt if all the conversations would be unique. But I would walk around until I found one that was interesting. IMO it’s the same with the “Apple Press”.

3 Likes

This has been a problem with tech journalists from day one. I am the author of a Mac database program that small companies use to organize and automate complex systems. They typically spend weeks or months building up their automated systems. Back in the day (80s/90s), some reviewer at MacWorld or MacUser would spend one day making a wedding list database or some such, never touching 95% of the functionality of the program. Then they would write a review based on the 5% they did use. Might be good, might be bad. Of course nowadays no journalist or podcaster even ever mentions database software. Journalists and podcasters don’t need database software, so it doesn’t exist. (On the other hand, the web lets potential customers do their own research, which wasn’t possible back in the days of boxed software.)

8 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see more discussion and reviews from the perspective of a small business - around 5 to 30 employees.

The majority of current discourse I am aware of focuses on individual use of software, or perhaps between 1, 2 or 3 users who are all highly enthusiastic Mac experts.

Some software and systems I use solo or with a fellow power user. However, for the most part, I have to consider how the rest of the team will use it - or how a client will interact with it. The rest of the team and my clients tend not to be Mac power users.

2 Likes