WhatsApp Testing Mac App With Native Apple Silicon Support

In the Netherlands this caused (young) people with low income to commit to longer running high cost carrier plans, which in the end they could not keep paying for. Because of this more strict rules were put in place which made it very hard for people with low income to buy expensive phones because of mandatory credit checks. Every purchase on credit above EUR 250,- needs a credit-check and also will be registered.

This also explains why Android phone are more popular over here i guess…

1 Like

Good! Apple seem to be going all in on offering credit (debt) so it’s a key part of their growth strategy. Lack of interoperability, given some posts here, seems to have been a successful strategy for them too, at least in North America.

I tend to buy all Apple devices refurbished. The inability of people to continue servicing their debt/contract creates a ready supply of nearly-new equipment. Paying subscription for apps seems to get much scrutiny here, yet paying £60 a month “device subscription” less so.

In the EU, or at least in the Netherlands the financial system works different i think. Creditcards are used mainly for purchasing online or when on holiday abroad, many people do not even have a creditcard.

The system with creditscores is not used the same way as in the US, over here it is generally best to not have (consumptive) credit registered as it will only limit the possibility to get a mortgage for example. Having credit (debts) is usually discouraged.

But all of this is off-topic :slight_smile:

There are basically no low-cost plans in Canada. Our mobile fees are off the charts. So premium phones are just a part of it.