Why Build Native Mac Apps?

If I run the command, it returns me a “dquote”, so Terminal is looking for something more than the stated command, to complete it.

Oh, “dquote” is a ", you need that at the end to the command:

find /Applications -name “Electron Framework.framework”

1 Like

Thank you, I just in the same moment figured it out by myself. I use Terminal way to seldom…
So I got Dropbox and Obsidian as a reply.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of Datasette, but increasingly I prefer the command-line app over the desktop app – it runs in your browser once you launch it from Terminal, so the interface is almost identical to Datasette Desktop. I think the only real difference is you can’t drag and drop files to open them, so exploring CSVs isn’t quite as snappy, but it still works.

For me as an end user, I think the most important things are that the standard shortcuts works as normal (Cmd+Q, W, S etc), that the app behaves like other apps, and that it saves it’s pref files at the correct places (I HATE MS and Adobe for putting folders in my Document folder for example).

/$0.02

4 Likes

Nine Electron apps for me (out of several hundred):

/Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/HTTPie.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Obsidian.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Discord.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Glyphfinder.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Kiwi for Gmail.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Paletter.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework
/Applications/Slack.app/Contents/Frameworks/Electron Framework.framework