Will you upgrade to Big Sur?

I finally had some time Sunday and figured it would be a good chance to upgrade my 27" iMac to Big Sur. I was all excited until the big letdown when I discovered my late 2013 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 wasn’t comapatable for the upgrade. What a bummer!!! lol

Just think about all the things you won’t have to fix, and all the problems you won’t have :slightly_smiling_face:
Perhaps small consolation though.

I was hesitating to upgrade to BigSur, because remember how painful was upgrade to Catalina year ago… But after listening latest ATP and upgrading my work laptop to Big Sur week earlier as a test… decided to upgrade. Well, nothing bad happened, except found and cleaned up about 100GB of garbage from the system, after upgrade didn’t go through due to lack of free disk space, I’m running it and it seems… better than upgrade to Catalina. Had to upgrade three apps which weren’t supported by previous versions: Little Snitch, Bartender and Hazel (well, I upgraded to version 5 on Catalina already, so not a big deal). This probably last upgrade for this late-2014 iMac 5k, as new M1 based macMini was ordered.

1 Like

I upgraded last week. Only major concern was Sophos – the update for the app to Big Sur was messy, and then it crushed CPU and Energy. So I threw Sophos overboard and cancelled my subscription. Testing our Malwarebytes – it isn’t exhibited Sophos’ piggy gobbling of resources. Other than that – the odd spacing of items in menus is not to my taste, and the command center’s inability to send sound to multiple HomePads are the only two things I do not like. (Oh, and that I cannot use Apple Pay on Big Sur with my machine that has the T2 chip unless I choose between that and being able to boot from an external drive. That’s a story for another thread.)