WWDC 2022 Forum Reactions

Stage Manager on iPad - Yes!

1 Like

Full external display support on iPad!

1 Like

Beat me to the punch. This looks fantastic.

that’s what I heard as well!!

And it finally works as expected (more or less)

True multi-display functionality. Boom!!

8 apps on screen at once on iPadOS - I can feel an upgrade to my iPad coming…

1 Like

I can feel an exit of my macs coming…

1 Like

Stage manager, the worst of both worlds :man_facepalming:t2:. Overlapping windows, so that you only see what’s going on in one app + the smallest screen to work on…

1 Like

iPad still won’t meet the needs of many people - such as running docker - but it is now incredibly usable for whole new classes of user.

3 Likes

My Mac is due an upgrade… but this would make me think seriously about going for a new iPad instead.

I think I’ll move my old macbook over to linux for a speed boost and make my iPad pro my production machine. This feature would probably make it possible for me to do so

1 Like

No Mac Mini M2 I guess?

not today (20 char…)

apple chat says = Introducing the new MacBook Air with Apple M2 chip. Available to order starting next month.

they did announce the air and the 13" macbook pro, but not a mac Mini

Does this mean 1Password and similar would become less popular/useful?

I suppose they may still have a role for secure storage of bank details and files but the main purpose most people use them for I.e., generating and storing passwords, will gradually disappear, effectively replaced by a solution integrated with the operating system.

How long it will take for passkeys to replace passwords is anyone’s guess, but I expect the bigger sites and apps will move to support them quickly given they’ll be available across iOS, Android, Windows and Mac.

I love the new passkey feature but if one uses it, it will be hard to leave the ecosystem in future if all your accounts are tied down to Apple account. I mean I am not planning on leaving the ecosystem, but I would rather have an option than not.