134: Finding Space with Sean McCabe

Another great subject and with good information. I would like to add to this conversation. There was considerable information about the topic of ‘Burn out’. This is a real topic and very important that needs to be discussed.

I would like to add that there is significant overlap of burn-out and depression. Many of the symptoms described also correspond with some mental health disorders. Being aware of what are the symptoms of burn-out versus a clinical disorder is beyond the scope of this podcast.

My $0.02 is that if you are having some of the symptoms described, it may be worthwhile to also seek professional help to rule out anything more serious.

Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Agree this was a good discussion and a lot more cognisant of jobby job folks than previous ones which is appreciated.

… that said I can’t help but feel this whole concept is deconstructing & then rebuilding “The weekend” & “taking regular holidays/vacations” that the vast majority of workers (in UK & Europe at least) take :joy:.

Not poking holes to be mean, rather, it makes me chuckle to hear that regular down-time can be considered so revolutionary and generate so much air time.

1 Like