27-inch 5k or 32-inch 4K

I have my M1 Mac Mini hooked to the UltraFine LG 5K and it works perfectly as far as I can tell, so I’d assume the M1 MacBook would do the same.

As far as the rumors of the upcoming “Apple External Monitor(s)” so far all I’ve heard is a bunch of wish-casting. I don’t think there’s any real reason to think that the supply chain rumors are anything more than iMac / XDR screens. I put the odds no better than 50/50 that there will be a more reasonably priced Apple monitor in 2022.

I think Apple definitely should do it, but I’m not convinced that Apple will do it.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of getting the Apple/LG monitor, but I’ve heard lots of bellyaching about it having issues. For what it costs I would expect few if any issues. Have you experienced any?

This, just this. There has been nothing concrete

No issues for me with the Apple 4K LG Ultrafine 24" monitor. Maybe you are contemplating the 5K 27" model?

Yes definitely the 5K.

I too was scared off of Apple’s LG 5K Ultrafine 27" monitor by little things I had read or heard.

1 Like

I’ve had my LG5K for 3 years and no issues at all

2 Likes

I have had zero issues with the 5K UltraFine with my M1 Mac mini. It works great, it looks great, I find the stand works fine.

That being said, someone commented that it seems like issues are more common when it is used with a laptop and it gets connected/disconnected frequently. That’s not my use-case.

I bought mine from Amazon where I knew I could return it if needed, but so far I’ve been perfectly happy with it, especially knowing that Apple’s 5K (if it exists) would probably cost $2000 (as discussed on ATP recently, I think this week).

2 Likes

I use the 5k monitor with an intel MacBook Pro and have had no issues.

1 Like

The stand is kind of lame, but I mount my monitors on VESA arms, so hopefully that won’t be an issue.

Well after much internal waffling, I decided to pull the trigger on the LG 5K monitor. My current Samsung will become the side monitor and the 16" MBP display will be number 3. I have another monitor that I could use as well, assuming that the machine can drive that many. Wish me luck.

1 Like