2FA for Apple ID

I’m good with all my Macs - connected and controlled by me. Thanks.

Strange thread. Doesn’t appear you wanted anyone’s input on this topic 🤷

1 Like

I use 2FA but I wish they would be more like google and let me generate some one-time-use codes. There are places I work I can’t have any phones or anything and this prevents me from being able to log in. It’s a bummer.

I have certainly taken people’s input, if you’d read the thread all the way through.

However, there is no objective standard for what protection is needed by everyone. That’s a subjective and personal decision, unless you’re in a controlled environment, e.g., corporate or academic. That’s what I was disputing with the previous poster.

There are also people who run antivirus and malware detection apps constantly. That’s fine if that’s their thing. That doesn’t mean everyone needs to or should. Personal choices.

and let me generate some one-time-use codes

Interesting and good to know. Thanks!

You do you… it’s absolutely your right & I have no skin in the game as to how you use your tech.

But I will restate it’s a strange thread to ask for one set of input (give 2FA experiences) then seemingly spend your time justifying that you don’t feel it’s needed or right for everyone.

You are correct it’s not right for everyone, however, you specifically asked for input from those of us that do use it. Not sure where you thought the conversation would go 🤷

Just wondering about people’s experience with Apple’s 2FA, especially on both platforms.
Good / bad experience, e.g., poorly implemented? logs you out spontaneously? infringes on quick accessibility to devices? works great and pretty much transparent after setting it up? etc.

That’s what I originally posted, just in a briefer form.

:+1: all good from my experiences.

Hope it goes well if you pull the trigger :sunglasses:

Thanks!
I’m thinking I may sometime this weekend. :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

I would disagree, think most if not all security experts would say: Take all you can get!

2FA is a tool in the security toolkit, use it if it’s there.
You’ll do yourself disservice if you don’t

Well, I finally set up 2FA tonight.

It was not an especially seamless or intuitive process. That’s compounded with having five Macs (each with more than one user account) and three iOS devices.

Not sure how I feel about it but there’s no going back now. :thinking:

1 Like