498: Back to School with Jake Wilson

Smart Boards for all!

1 Like

Just wanted to add a note here saying that I really enjoyed this episode. I always appreciate hearing how people from different professions use Apple tech to get work done and make their lives easier.

Thank you for another winner - I actually listened to most of this episode twice.

2 Likes

Unfortunately Jake’s audio quality was quite poor. So much so that I couldn’t make it through the entire episode. Anyone else have this issue?

3 Likes

That’s my favorite thing about these interviews.

Jake’s audio quality wasn’t great, but it passed the listenability threshold for me. Probably because I like his accent.

I would have no use for this but I got a kick out of the details about his mobile office, among other things. :slight_smile:

It was also interesting to be reminded why Apple has so far to go to be viable as a general school solution, like Google (assuming they want to be that.)

Jake’s audio was poor. Talk about a busy man. To run a school, work on a graduate degree, have a family and sit on a board you have to extremely organized. That is what impressed me the most.

Good tools and systems make it happen.

Seemed fine to me. I vaguely remember thinking that the audio sounded a little below MPU’s normal standards at first, but I found him quite understandable.

I was inspired by Jake’s productivity doing things that matter – raising a family and helping to teach the next generation.

And he almost cost me $5K because now I want every size of iPad - mini and both sizes of Pro – and both sizes of iPhone too. But then I remembered I don’t have Tim Cook’s money.

1 Like

I’m just getting around to listening to this episode. I very much want to set up my BetterTouchTool to attach the highlighted file to a new email message. Can anyone help me out with this? Jake thought it was a preset shortcut that came with BTT, but if it’s there I can’t find it!