5 nm or 3 nm should I care?

I am planning to purchase an M2 MacBook Pro this fall. I have seen articles that say that these chips will be 5 nm, not the new 3 nm. Is this something I should care about? Should I wait until next year? My heavy load is video editing, not feature films or anything, just short videos about our work on our farm.

If I would need a new MBP, I would take the one I could get.
If I could wait an other year, to get the, then newest development, I would do that.

But, I would also consider, that there will be always a new development the next year, which is better, faster, longer and whatever, than the product from the actual Product year.
If you are not encoding the next “SuperDuperMax 360° Cinema Movie” with the MBP, it should not matter, if the chip is build with 3NM or 5NM.

1 Like

Agree, there’ll always be another new feature just around the corner. Next year it’ll be something else. The 5nm chips are already blazing fast by all accounts.

1 Like

probably 1 nm in a year or two. The OS won’t change because of that, it might impact speed but that might not even be noticeable. There’s always something around the corner, not sure I’d want to wait. (having said that I’m still happily using my 2015 macbook pro, just now with Linux on it :-))

1 Like

Many thanks, most helpful

1 Like