546: The Best Listeners

This small sound dampening box might be something else to consider if you have the space.
Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 5.59.41 PM
Amazon link

I also believe you can make one for around 25.00. I was in a seminar on audio and video and they recommended making one of these.

Thanks, @Brad. I might give that a try if I go for some high-quality video voiceovers. For my daily conference calls it might be a bit of overkill. I think I mainly need to get a rug over my hardwood floor and maybe put some more pillows around the room. It’s rather bare at the moment with just a wood desk and some shelves, which is probably contributing to the hollowness and echo.

1 Like

I would suggest using a walkin closet if you have great sound characteristics but usually comes at a price of bad environment controls i. e. No Air Con

Same bro, I use mine almost daily, it’s in great condition! Here’s a pic

It’s really amazing how well they still work. I flash modded mine and it’s faster than it’s ever been!

I was irritated by Davids explanation about the two pairs of AirPods. He said he doesn’t want the noise canceling all the time. But doesn’t he know he can switch to transparency mode really easy?

From someone who is similarly picky, I can say that the “transparency” mode isn’t anything like the awareness that regular AirPods’ lack of a seal provides. I often forget that my AirPods are in my ears when nothing is playing, which is never something I experienced with the Pros.

2 Likes