618: Making Movies at Pixar, with John Soliman

1 Like

I was waiting for this post to be made so I could say how much I enjoyed this interview. John lives this life!

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it but for anyone whose interest was piqued by the discussion of Final Cut Pro, but who has no actual justification for purchasing the app: I do note that, at least here in Australia, they have a 90-day free trial which would likely be sufficient for a little festive-season experimentation.

For students, they do also have the ‘Pro Apps Bundle for Education’ which includes Final Cut Pro and Logic - Australian pricing is AU$500 for Final Cut Pro but the education bundle is AU$300 for both. :slight_smile:

Bearing this in mind for when I have a project…

2 Likes

Thanks for the great episode guys. John was a fascinating guest.

1 Like

I really enjoyed that episode too, again; it is nice to have episodes with interviews that are, I don’t know quite how to say it, but kind of almost tech adjacent.
It was great to hear how someone is using their devices and tools in a real setting.

I also appreciated the editing to get the all-important last word in the MorePU section (plus, good job on again providing interesting extra content that in no way takes away from the main podcast. I think it actually benefits the main show by providing a place for off-topic conversation that doesn’t really belong in MPU)

2 Likes

And memberships are on sale for a few more days! giverelay.com

Great episode! I enjoyed the extra member content too. I’ve been to WDW once and thoroughly enjoyed it, so hearing any Disney content is always fun.

@MacSparky, I get @ismh, and Tom Cruise confused too… :blush:

1 Like

I could keep them separate if only Stephen would just stop scaling buildings and flying helicopters and doing high wattage grins for nine figure movies, you know? He has bad habits.

1 Like

Can anyone share, how John automated his good morning setup? Especially the VPN part