64-bit Fujitsu driver works with old ScanSnap!

too bad there are no driver for the older S1300, i wish i could find a way to work with it on catalina

It worked okay for me in the UK, but I was still on Mojave

@Kim_Trinh,
I installed ScanSnap Manager v7 under Catalina, and my S1300 is working just fine. If you follow the LINK to the Models for ScanSnap Manage V7 Download page you’ll find the S1300 referenced at the bottom right.

For my S1300, I installed what they called 1300i (MacSSInst2S1300iWW.dmg) and so far it works. As I had already bought a new Brother since I thought my two Fujitsu’s were dead, I gave he S1300 to my wife and no complaints so far.

Hey Victor,

You’re a GOD!

I’m using a ScanSnap S510 and have been delayed upgrading my OS because I’m pissed to have to spend over $500.00 for a new 64bit scanner

Hours of failed attempts following online searches until I came across your post

I just upgraded to mac OS Big Sur and figured, I give it one last Google search, found your post and my old scanner is scanning like new within 5 minutes. Holy Crap, that so awesome!

All of my prior download attempts where unsuccessful.

I followed your link, it opened the Futjtsu download page and the rest is history!

YIPPIE ! ! ! ! !

3 Likes

It’s not just for scanners. HP finally released the 64-bit driver for my much-loved laser printer. I upgraded to Catalina immediately after installing. Sadly my iMac isn’t Big Sur compatible.

Thank you so much for this. I hadn’t given up on my S500m Scansnap but had stored it away as I couldn’t get anything to work on Mac Big Sur and saw your post after literally hours of searching. I downloaded v7 and It works perfectly. I think I clicked the ScanSnap iX1500 as the S1500m is no longer supported and my S500m roared back into life! Thank you again and I hope Karma brings you something good back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,
Just wanted to post that this worked for me as well. I little history. I’m using an early 2014 macbook air with Big Sur and my scanner is actually the Fujitsu S500 (not the S500M). I bought it back in the days when I was still a PC believer :slight_smile:
Back when I switched over to Mac I found a post where someone listed how to make the S500 work with Mac. All was good until an update to the Mac and I lost the ability to use the Scan Snap manager. I saw the posts above and figured I had nothing to lose… My process was I downloaded ScanSnap Manager V7.0L30 or later from ScanSnap Compatibility Status With macOS v11 Big Sur : Fujitsu Global
the file name that downloaded was: MacSSInst2WW.dmg and after installing without changing anything else the scanner was working again. I love the scanner… so I’m happy to be able to keep using it. Just wanted to post in case it helps. Thanks.

2 Likes

An additional tip on extending the life of the Fujitsu S500M: when the rollers wear out and the scanner starts mis-feeding pages, you can buy a replacement kit on Amazon for about $30. Replacing the rollers takes about 5 minutes and the scanner will work like new again.

4 Likes