650: Craft Deep Drive

I just checked and it does not autocorrect. You can turn on spell-check in the settings. I think it must be off by default (mine was off). You can also get to spelling settings by hovering over an incorrect word (settings is on the right).

1 Like

Craft announced a significant update today.

1 Like

Can you share the link to the announcement? Thanks

1 Like

Here

thanks, I had hard time finding it, should have look at ā€œwhatā€™s newā€

For me , the biggest improvement this time is the ability for the receipients of the shared link to comment. That moves it closer to using this as a simple, basic blogging app

1 Like

I just gave Craft another try. Have to say - I like it, and I think that it has found a place!

1 Like

me too. I think I should use Craft for writing, sharing and publishing. It is a beautiful app and has its place, but not to replace Obsidian

I am trying to see whether their build-in deep links or Hook to get the two apps to complement each other

1 Like

I did the upgrade yesterday, and played a little bit with a PDF thereafter.
Today the PDF is destroyed, instead of the 1.8MB it originally had, and still shows in the overview, it shows only 246byte while I try to open it, and it is not possible, to open it anymore!
So be careful with your data after an upgradeā€¦

1 Like

Can you use Craft Spaces with non-paying account holder of Craft?

I have a paid subscription but thinking of sharing my project documentations with a member of my team.

from what I can see from this table , space is available for free plan too

1 Like

Iā€™m really enjoying Craft and I can see it growing well with my business. I would LOVE to be able to share a document for editing, but apart from that I havenā€™t found any major concerns.

Iā€™m trying to embed an airtable view into a documentā€¦ does anybody have any idea how? Airtable views can be embedded normally as iframe - but not sure if / how craft supports this?

2 Likes

Would something like this help? I havenā€™t gotten around to trying it yet.

1 Like

Thanks neonate, not really, was just really looking to embed the view into craft. Definitely some cool things you can do with the API integration though :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Please post here if you find a solution to this. I hadnā€™t thought of doing this but it would be great if it can be done.

Having a 16ā€ screen is pretty amazing though. Iā€™d use an ipad for lightweight computing and they laptop for more serious work.

That system has been working for me for years.I wonā€™t say itā€™s one size fits all, but it will work for many people.

I have tried Roam, Obsidian and loss hope to find a PKM/second brain note-taking app for me. Craft is delightful to use. I didnā€™t like the web aspect of roam, and the difficulty with importing images and media. With obsidian, I didnā€™t like that I was spending more time tinkering with plugins rather than getting the work done. Craft is made for mac but also has a web app that I can use at my windows work computer, it is fast, unlike roam and obsidian, and feels polished. Really love this app so far.

5 Likes

Update: Craft for Windows is now available, making Craft (truly) cross-platform for those who work on Macs and Windows, and the web app is also out of beta.

5 Likes

I messed around with Obsidian but found it too ugly and too much ā€œtinkeringā€œ for my tastes. I get that people like it because itā€™s ā€œpowerful,ā€ but why not have power and beautiful design at the same time? I find both of those in Craft. It allows me to easily create notes that are beautiful, have full linking and great search, and itā€™s super fast. I find myself using it for almost everything as I implement the Building a Second Brain system.

3 Likes

I just published a post on How Iā€™m Using Craft in My Productivity Workflows.

Would anyone else like to share how they are using Craft in their workflows?

3 Likes