668: Workflows with Tim Stringer

3 Likes

Fascinating! So nice to put a voice to the name, @timstringer .

1 Like

Great to hear Tim on again. It’s been a while!

1 Like

Enjoyed the episode! Thoughts on how to organize Craft folders?

1 Like

Gosh I love hearing from @timstringer! Always has so much insight.

2 Likes

Enjoyed the episode!

Great to hear you enjoyed the episode, @markjantzen.

Thoughts on how to organize Craft folders?

Most of my Craft folders represent Areas of Focus or Horizon 2 (in GTD parlance). For example, I have folders for Finances, Friends & Family, and Household. Some of these top-level folders contain subfolders. These subfolders could represent a more specific area of focus or a large project within that area.

On a side note, I use a similar folder structure in other apps (e.g. OmniFocus). This helps make it easier and more natural to use complementary apps in tandem.

I could listen to you all day- you have one of those voices!!!

2 Likes

at 1hr:11m @MacSparky says (re: PKM) “I do something similar but I split it between Notes and Craft”

Did David jump ship from Obsidian? Did I miss a memo? :fearful:

1 Like

Nope … it’s even more complicated than that.

Obsidian is full of ideas and research. I decided I didn’t want dog vet visits cluttering that up.

Notes: Personal notes

Craft: Notes for managing MacSparky, shared with my helpers.

Because I can’t make anything simple.

5 Likes

I want this as my epitaph and believe my family would 100% agree with the request.

2 Likes

Can confirm that Universal Control is great for road warriors. I was in an Airbnb all summer and having the ability to set up the iPad next to the MacBook and mouse back and forth between them was a real godsend. I’ve found it to be much more reliable than Sidecar. It’s also great when you’re setting up a new Mac. Easy to go back and forth between the old machine and the new one getting everything to match up.

3 Likes

@MacSparky - In this episode you noted that you didn’t like the inadvertent horizontal scrolling with the Apple Magic Mouse. There is an app that I use that allows you to disable this “feature”. It’s called Scroll and is by an indie developer, Ryan Hanson. It’s expensive for this type of app ($9.99) but it has a free trial and is worth taking a look at. It has been working fine for me for the past year. It solved the inadvertent horizontal scrolling problem I was having with Apple Numbers. Here’s the link: Scroll (Scroll down to see the settings for this app.)

3 Likes

Thanks @neonate The only place that I find it really unbearable is the Grammarly website. I may talk to the BTT developer about this as well.

1 Like