712: macOS Sonoma

2 Likes

Useful summary. Thank you.

As a writer, I too love the dictation, autocorrect and predictive typing improvements. They’re soooooo much better.

I also like the new screen sharing app. Really helpful and easy to use

2 Likes

Great episode. Does anyone know, if the mentioned “toggle widgets” AppleScript is only for labs members? It kind of didn’t sound that way on the podcast.

I didn’t really hear any features that would motivate me to upgrade to Sonoma , but I’m preparing to upgrade by switching from Parallels Desktop to UTM . That way I can continue to run a Windows VM while not having to pay the Parallels upgrade tax every time I upgrade macOS!

Even though none of the product announcements caught my attention, it was a great show. I’m going to stay with my current Apple hardware for another year , though!

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. I do believe @MacSparky said on the podcast he’d share it with listeners, so it sounded like it was for everyone, but the link provided in the show notes is only accessible to [some] Labs members.

1 Like

Gang … I’ll get it posted for everyone on the blog in the next few days. Sorry for delay.

6 Likes

Halfway through the ep.

For various reasons, I don’t always upgrade and certainly not immediately. There was a span a bunch of years ago that I was 3 OSs behind. Nothing was really thrilling me.

But I really want desktop widgets. This is the most exciting thing about any OS I’ve heard about in multiple years. I can’t upgrade yet until I can confirm that some software will run on Sonoma but I’m looking forward to it.