714: Catching up with John Siracusa

Agree completely. He is a unique voice in tech, in every sense of that term. There is no one in tech podcasting who expresses himself as clearly and thoughtfully as John.

7 Likes

Not only do I think Siracusa is a super smart guy, but I love his Italian New York accent. His nasal timbre makes it really easy to differentiate him on his podcasts, and he has a sense of mental clarity that makes it easy for him to follow — at least for me.

I don’t think I agree with anybody who says he talks too fast. He’s no Merlin Mann. Now there’s a fast talker; listening to him is like listening to ADHD or Adderall personified. (I love that too; there is a time and place for all of our voices.)

3 Likes

I find John Syracuse generally entertaining and appreciate his kind heart. For the most part, I tend to agree with him on most things, with the exception of his use of multiple tabs and windows on his Mac :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What I like is John’s total clarity on what is best for him, whilst also maintaining full acceptance that it is not going to suit other people necessarily.

7 Likes