745: “Inventing the Future” with John Buck

4 Likes

Oh wow, I absolutely can’t wait to listen to this – the description looks awesome!!!

3 Likes

It was a lot of fun!

1 Like

Moved it to the top of the list – great listen! Really enjoyed the interesting stories and takes on Apple history. Really neat episode, gents!

2 Likes

Wonderful episode, and good to hear another Aussie!

5 Likes

Talk about a blast from the past — have many fond memories of “Beyond 2000”! One of my favourite shows when I was growing up.

4 Likes

More of the same….PLEASE!!!

2 Likes

Me too! That was must-see TV in my lounge room.

1 Like

Can anyone else find an ebook/epub version of the book?

Fantastic episode, very interesting to listen to.

It is one thing to read a book about Steve Jobs and to learn about Apple’s history that way. It is something totally different to be able to dive into the past (and see how a lot has led to the present) with a guest like John Buck on the MPU. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Josh, I am working with books.by to release an epub version. Anyone who buys the paper book will be offered an epub for free, once we get the backend sorted. Cheers John Buck

6 Likes

Hearing a mention of the GE Main Plant in Schenectady, NY on an Apple podcast was not what I expected…ever.

3 Likes

Hello John,

It would be great if you let us know when the epub version is available - when it is, I will certainly buy it - thanks!

1 Like

I’ll update the book over the year ahead and am working with books.by to create an epub. i will post any progress here, so you get a notification but you can also go here for update news.

This episode was awesome! This time frame at Apple was when I had friends just out of college (or Apple hired them after sophomore year - “they have learned enough to be helpful to us at Apple, but not tainted them” as happened to many I knew).

The book is squarely in my interest and will grab it, but I had no idea it was out.

More like this please. This type of MPU along with the ones with Merlin and Jason Snell episodes are my jam.

3 Likes

all credit to Stephen and David, I have not done a wide typical book PR release. When I reached out, they knew straight away that MPU’ers would like it

1 Like

John, I just received my copy of your book in the mail last week. This is fascinating! Thank you so much for all of the hard work you must have put into this!

Meanwhile, I would be VERY interested in buying an ePub and/or audio version of the book as well, since that is generally how I read books. I haven’t actually bought a paper bound book (old school style) in several years, so the only complaints I have about your book is that it’s rather thick compared to my 11-inch iPad Pro, and I can’t “read” it in my car while driving, like I can with my Audible books. Otherwise, I love it!

Hi MotownDoc, Thanks for the great feedback, much appreciated. The books.by team are working on ePub output, I know because I am their test client, but as you no doubt know, it’s a technology hurdle. Paper books thank goodness are a reliable and do-able format :-0 I’ll update everyone as we progress. Cheers John

1 Like