867: Deep Dive on macOS 27 and Siri AI

4 Likes

In response to Stephen’s request for AVP data, +1 AVP owner/user here.

1 Like

Talking about Safari extensions, to get a video into PiP quickly; I learned this year that Video Viewer in safari is equivalent to Reader view in Safari. Safari has to ‘detect’ the video playing, but once a video is in Video Viewer, navigating away from the page automatically puts the video into PiP. And there’s a keyboard shortcut for Video Viewer: CMD + SHIFT + R.
So when I’m on youtube or any webpage where a video is the main content (all dependent on the webpage), I can hit the keyboard shortcut and the video takes the full size of the browser window, and when I put anything in front of the browser window, or go to another tab, the video automatically goes into PiP.

Apple Support article.

1 Like

Ah thank you for this! Will share in our feedback episode

1 Like