A sad loss for the mac powerusers community. Jim Underwood of Keyboard Maestro fame

The overwhelmingly most helpful poster on the Keyboard Maestro help page, Jim Underwood, JMichaelTX as he called himself, has died in a scuba diving accident.
He helped me many times and was generous with his time and ability. He made a macro for me from scratch.
Jim was not an easy man to touch personally I found, I liked him a lot and he was a kind and generous soul. RIP Jim. Peter Lewis says he came to think of him as a friend.
I am sure others here will have come across him and may like to think of him in some way or at least acknowledge the loss of one of our own.
I had a long running and useful discussion with him about variables. Which, I heard in a video he did, he pronounced Texas style. “Varables”
I hope it is not inappropriate to post this here guys?

28 Likes

That is heart-breaking. :orange_heart: to his family and friends.

6 Likes

So sad to hear about this. JMichaelTX has been helping many of us for a long while. Personally, met him in Evernote Forums and was glad to find his helping tips in Keyboard Maestro Discourse so many times.

May he Rest In Peace and his family find comfort.

3 Likes

So sad for his family. JMichaelTX was an amazing powerhouse of generous support for the KM community. May be remain at peace.

Peter Lewis, KM’s developer, posted this memorial on the KM forum.

4 Likes

So sad to hear. May his soul Rest In Peace

1 Like

That’s terrible. Guy was a legend. I have many of his macros and learned so much from him on the forum. Really sorry to hear.

1 Like

Oh man :frowning: Jim was an amazing and super helpful person. I still remember when I posted my first question about KM as a new user and he helped me a lot. Anytime I would browse that forum, he helped users with macros, suggestions, and resources. Amazing person. May he rest in peace

2 Likes

Awful. His posts certainly helped me out. One thing that stood out to me was what Peter said in his post; “he could ruffle feathers”. Very true, but also super helpful and quick to apologize if anyone was offended. Like Peter also said it always came from a good place. Terrible loss for that community.

4 Likes

This is sad news indeed. While there are many terrific people here who are always willing to help out, Jim was at a different level. He will be missed in these forums!

2 Likes

Very sad. He will be missed.

1 Like
2 Likes

he helped me with a KM problem last year. sad to hear this.

he was a special person to share so much of his time and knowledge. he will be missed.

3 Likes

Keyboard Maestro 10 is out. It is dedicated to Jim Underwood:

This version is dedicated to Jim Underwood (JMichaelTX), who sadly passed away this year, with thanks for his outstanding assistance and generosity on the forum, spending thousands of hours helping folks get more out of Keyboard Maestro. He will be sorely missed.

6 Likes

Thank you. Extraordinary generosity and kindness from Peter Lewis.

2 Likes