Activating Shortcuts on AirPods

Has anyone been able to successfully activate a Shortcut on the new AirPods?

If with “activate a shortcut” you mean to trigger shortcuts on the new AirPods: Yes. :slight_smile:

I am constantly controlling Overcast on my iPhone using Shortcuts via “Hey Siri” on the AirPods. No issues at all.

Sometimes, I stumble into “You have to unlock your iPhone first”. But this does not seem to happen as often as before.

1 Like

Yes. By far my most common use of “Hey Siri” on the new AirPods is to trigger Siri Shortcuts to control Overcast.

2 Likes

How about triggering Shortcuts on the Apple Watch?

What about more advanced shortcuts?

Unfortunately, I do not have very advanced Shortcuts. I do not think that there should be a difference, though, because the AirPods are only transmitting the Shortcut to the iPhone. At least, that is what I am assuming.

The work is being done on the iPhone, even if a Shortcut is being triggered using the AirPods.

With regards to Shortcuts on the Apple Watch, I have no real experience. If I am not outside, my HomePod, the iPad or the iPhone usually catch my “Shortcut requests”. And if I am outside, usually the AirPods are the devices that take my “Shortcut requests”.

With the HomePod, Shortcuts tend to fail more often than on my other devices.

1 Like